This article will explain to you how to create your "Home" and add Triby using its dedicated app. If you have other questions on Triby please click here. If your inquiry concerns other products please visit our Help Center.
With "Homekit", you can add and connect smart home devices such as connected lamps (Phillips Hue), security material but also the smart portable speaker Triby.
Please note that in order to control Triby and use Homekit and/or IFTTT you must possess either an Apple TV or an Ipad. Also the devices must run under the latest iOS versions (iOS 10 and/or 11).
Please follow this step-to-step guide:
- Open the Triby app (black square)
- Click on "Create a Group" (dedicated article) and follow the instructions displayed
- Your group is now setup, click on your Triby (red square)
- Triby is going to be added to your "Home", click on "Next" (red square)
- Setup your "Home" by clicking on "create new Home" (red square)
- Name your "Home" (red square), our example's name is "maison"
- Create a room where Triby will be added and then press "OK" (red square)
- Select your Triby in the list (here it's Triby-45FC, red square)
- Click on "Allow" (red square)
- Triby will now set up and update using the wifi credentials obtained from your Iphone/Ipad/Ipod
- With the camera on your iOS device, scan the eight-digit HomeKit code displayed on Triby (red square); you may also type the code directly using the keyboard
- When Triby is detected, select the room where it should be added and click on "OK" (red square) (here we chose "salon" as example)
- At this stage you will be able to directly control some functions of Triby, rename them (for more details please click here); press "OK" (red square)
- Triby will now register into the Invoxia cloud (this can take a few minutes)
- You can now preset Triby's button
If you want to know how to add Triby through the "Home" app, please read this article.